- 4 tortillas
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- stock cube/paste
- 2 chorizo sausages, approx 6″, sliced
- 1/2 can refried beans
- 8 eggs
- knob of margarine or butter
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- couple of dashes of smoked chipotle tabasco sauce
- Dry fry sliced chorizo sausage for a couple of minutes and remove
- In the same pan fry the onions for another five minutes to soften them.
- Add the tomatoes, stock cube and chilli sauce and allow them to boil on high for about 10 minutes until the liquid has been reduced. You want the tomato sauce to thicken so that it doesn’t seep through the tortilla.
- Put the refried beans on to warm.
- Crack the eggs into a pan with knob of margarine or butter. Scramble them on a medium heat. You can also do this in the microwave.
- Warm the tortillas to soften them and turn on the grill/broiler.
- Place a tortilla onto each plate, ladle on a line of refried beans, some of there tomatoes, and then the scrambled eggs. Fold one side of the tortilla over and smear the edge with a little refried beans, then fold the other side over the top. The beans act as a glue.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top and put under the grill/broiler for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese. Serve with some of the warm refried beans, sour cream and/or guacamole on the side.
For Alex, thanks for your help this week.
Breakfast Burritos go down very well here at Cinnamon Bear Lodge. They are quick and easy to do for large numbers of people, and pack a punch when it comes to flavour. They can be as healthy or as unhealthy as you like!